Sunday, March 6, 2011

You Are Here

I am being torn in about 15 different directions. Different people, different places, different paths. I have no idea which path is the correct path, or if there is even such a thing as a Correct Path. Perhaps I'll be like Emerson, and decide in 50 years that I would've ended up in the same place no matter what. Or maybe I'll never figure it out. Am I condemned to a life of "What If's"?

I am scared. Actual, can't-sleep-because-I-am-outlining-every-possible-worst-case-scenario-in-my-sad-little-mind terrified.

I have been in school for as long as I can remember. It is all I've ever known, all I've ever done. Now, I graduate college in two months. And what's next? More school? Most likely. But where? For what? Which degree? Which city? Which job?

I'm surprised my brain hasn't yet exploded. It's surely only a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment