Sunday, March 27, 2011

convenience

Does anyone ever feel like they're the convenience friend? You know, "I-had-plans-with-someone-else-but-they-bailed-so-let's-do-something", or the "I'm-just-really-busy-I-only-care-about-your-problems-in-my-free-time", or "I've-got-nothing-better-to-do". Sound familiar? If not you're lucky. But if you're like me, there's about a thousand more.

I am the convenience friend by profession. It's a job I never signed up for, but if it was a paid position, I would own an island in the Caribbean by now. Sometimes it's easy to deny- they're just busy! It's okay, you know deep down they care about you. They're going through a lot right now. But tonight, I've had a breakthrough... ready?

SCREW THAT. Real friends care, no matter how busy they are. Real friends make time, instead of just waiting for me to. This has been a terrible week- on the list of my top 10 worst weeks ever. And I have been blown off and ignored and "re-scheduled" too many times to count. I am over this- this is my official resignation from the position of convenience friend. I'm over having my heart broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment